Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Top Ten

Wonderful wishes for a Happy New Year, and I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! I am WAY behind on posting, but thought I would share some of my favorite family moments of the holidays...(in no particular order!) ---LONG POST--
1. Snow, snow & more snow! We had snow pre-Christmas, on Christmas Eve, and then a few days after Christmas...and we live in Texas!?! Graydon (and Tag) have enjoyed every minute of the cold stuff!
2. Garland vs. garlic - The 3 of us were strolling through neighborhoods looking at lights one night and Graydon says "Hey mama, they have garlic (aka garland) with lights on it around their door...that's pretty." Pretty funny, as I laughed to myself.
3. Graydon was NOT interested in going to church this Christmas Eve. He was pre-occupied with setting out reindeer food, making cookies for Santa, and watching Charlie Brown's Christmas for the up-teenth time. But, we changed clothes and talked about the importance of Christmas church in the car on our way. And when the minister asked all the children to come to the front to listen to the story, Graydon went down front all by himself for the VERY first time in his life.
4. Christmas morning - always magical & forever a memory!
5. Graydon asking everyone what will happen to their tree after Christmas is over - will the garbage men pick it up (real trees) or do you get to keep it (artificial)?
6. See's peanut brittle - I will say that I am addicted to this wonderful, nutty, crunchy candy! I bought some as presents, wrapped them all, & then unwrapped one box to eat all by myself. I had to go back to the mall to replace the one I ate ;-)
7. Mike and I were at home together for the entire holiday season - yipee!! Mike's previous years in retail and then our recent crazy years in life have always found us apart for the holidays. This year was different, and we were thankful!
8. Spending time with our parents, grandparents, great-grandparents & family so that Graydon could realize the other true meaning of Christmas.
9. Graydon's pipe cleaner ornaments which he made on a cold, rainy day and so perfectly placed on the Christmas tree. He helped me pack them away in tissue paper for next year's tree trimming.
10. And my most favorite moment was every moment, because I count my blessings each step I take! Happy New Year!